Director of Acquisitions
The Director of Acquisitions, reporting directly to the Chief Investment Officer (“CIO”), is responsible for sourcing self-storage investment opportunities and evaluating them for acquisition. You will be involved in all aspects of the acquisition process including contract negotiating, being responsible for the Acquisitions Underwriting team, monitoring and tracking due diligence, and ensuring the efficiency and timeliness of closings. No real estate license is required, but a history of successful sales or acquisitions performance and knowledge of the self-storage industry is a plus.
• 5+ years of real estate transaction experience, minimum of 8 years of applicable industry experience
• Strong understanding of real estate asset underwriting, property due diligence and real estate finance
• Real estate contract negotiation experience is required
• Business development and lead generation experience is required
• Knowledge of self-storage industry is preferred but not required
• Self-starter, excellent with time management, communication, and multi-tasking
• Experience managing and developing a team
• Ability to travel 5-10 days per month is required
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commercial Real Estate or other-related field preferred.
• Extensive and demonstrable Microsoft Excel modeling skills required.
• Advanced computer software application (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Internet navigational skills.
• Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles
• Has produced advanced financial analysis of commercial real estate assets and participated in the direct negotiation and acquisition of same
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex legal real estate documents.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to write clear and concise communications and draft Investment Memoranda for presentation to the firm's Investment Committee.
• Dynamic sales skills, persistence and a strong desire to succeed.
• Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task in a driven professional environment, and desire to be a part of team with high performance standards
• Drive the momentum of the Acquisitions Team by identifying and communicating target areas and acquisitions standards with direction from the CIO to the underwriting team
• Track all acquisitions business activity and deliver weekly reports of same to CIO
• Contract review and negotiation
• Prepares and is accountable for the Acquisitions Team’s marketing and business development budgets.
• Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
• Responsible for driving acquisition team performance to achieve stated goals and/or project deadlines.
To be Considered:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please add “Director of Acquisitions” in the subject line. We’re excited to hear from you!