Red Dot Storage is looking for a motivated and analytically talented professional to join our Louisville, CO team as an Acquisition Analyst.
Who We Are
Red Dot Storage is a high growth, technology focused self-storage industry leader. Our commitment is to deliver safe, simple, storage solutions and unparalleled customer service.
The Acquisition Analyst is key member of the Company’s Acquisition Team and will assist in all aspects of the acquisition process with specific focus on: pricing and underwriting new self-storage acquisition opportunities, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to construct an informed “business plan” and assessment of investment merits/risks, conducting financial due diligence on acquisitions throughout the due diligence process. The position is expected to consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment.
This position is ideal for someone that is driven, passionate, detail oriented, a power user in Microsoft Excel and interested in growing their career in the commercial real estate industry.
• Underwrite new self-storage acquisition opportunities utilizing candidate’s mastery of Excel
• Manage the underwriting queue by utilizing independent judgment to prioritize the time sensitivity of individual deals in relation to other deals in the queue/additional responsibilities
• Assess seller/broker provided documentation to ensure that the requisite information has been provided for each deal
• Work cohesively with Market Research Analysts to:
o Effectively assess viability of new markets/feasibility of new deals within said markets
o Determine market rates and appropriately adjust proforma rates for target facility
• Utilize external/internal resources to accurately predict future property taxes, capital expenditures and closing costs
• Provide constructive feedback to Sourcing Team, Director of Acquisitions or directly to seller on the merits/risks of each deal
• The Acquisition Analyst in tasked with making informed, concise, and cogent recommendations on how to best move forward on deals based on price and deal structure given Company criteria
Other responsibilities include:
• Conduct financial due diligence on properties under contract
• Perform post-acquisition land allocations to assist with accounting/reporting functions
• Identify efficiencies in acquisition workflow by researching new software, models, processes
The Ideal Candidate
• 1-4 years of experience in a highly analytical role, preferably in the commercial real estate industry or complimentary industry (self-storage experience a plus but not required)
• Power user in Microsoft Excel with the ability to build/improve models
• Excellent time management, organization skills, and extreme attention to detail
• Ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), and listening skills
• Ability to adapt to change within a fast-paced environment
• Self-initiator and keen ability to independently anticipate future project demands
• Courteous, collaborative, diplomatic, confidentiality and professionalism are compulsory
To Be Considered
Send resume and cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com. Make reference to “Acquisition Analyst” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!